After a track practice or meet, Jarin, Shayla, Brendon or Alysia will be flushed from the exertion, but the best kind of 'flushed' these days is that related to the commode. Yes, Elloryn is officially one of the potty-sitters in our home!! Hurray for no more diapers! Can I say that again, HURRAY!! At first it was a challenge for all of us to get trained with Elloryn, but she has us all marching in a row now and we can help to keep her dry and clean with a huge group effort. I don't know of many 2 year olds with such a large potty-patrol cheering squad. No wonder the rest of the kids were 3 or older before they were done with diapers, they didn't have as many voices cheering like crazy.
Spring is here, along with the crazy weather. Sunny and clear one day, snowy and cold the next, but I do believe the snowy days are gone for the season. It is time to plant our garden! Trying to find heirloom seeds in stores is ridiculous. No one can tell me which ones are or aren't, and the packaging doesn't help. I guess I have been too complacent about what to do for seeds, 'cause the stores always have what we want. Well, this year I have decided it is best not to rely on the stores to carry what I will need. I may have to get them online...Plant a garden and eat great food all season long!
Other Recent Notables:
Shave and a Hair cut...Brendon gave himself his first shave last month. He was tired of this furry little creature resting just above his lip, so he asked for the razor, used the shaving cream, and 1-2-3, it was gone! Now about that haircut...he doesn't want me to touch it. We shall see. Jarin seems to think he likes long side burns and locks, too.
Turning of the soil. Jase got out in the garden and turned the dirt, it looks ready for a bumper crop!
And the ribbon goes to...Alysia. She has been bringing home several 2nd place ribbons from recent track events. Her long legs help in long jump and relays. She also placed 2nd in shotput!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.